Montfortian educative mission is a part of the mission of the Catholic Church, which aims at the integral development of the young.
Faithful to its rich traditions and experiences gained over three centuries in the field of education, through a process of education and culture, Montfortian institutions everywhere collaborate with the young in bringing all their talents to full maturity, in building a unified personality, emotionally balanced, freed from negative conditionings, possessing good solid principles, and open to truth and responsible freedom.
Conscious of the fact that a young person learns his / her lessons from the whole school setting, all the school activities and programmes are prepared so as to help the young to attain personal growth characterised by:
• a desire for truth, justice, peace and brotherhood
• freedom that assumes responsibility, tolerance and respect for others.
• an active and discerning attitude towards life.
• an openness to other cultures, devoid of prejudices and discrimination.
• a sense of social responsibility that calls for participation and commitment.
Sufficient weightage is also given to the tangible developments that have been made in educational philosophy and the new techniques in pedagogy.
Montfortian institutions all over the world seek to develop qualities of mind and heart that will enable the students to work with others for the good of all. They help the young to critically assume their place in the society with a sense of participation and co-responsibility, by actively playing their part in bringing about social change in favour of the poor, the weak and the downtrodden, where all are respected as children of God.
To this end, Montfortian Institutions seek to create an environment truly conducive to good education, where all the members of the educative community are co-responsibly involved.
MONTFORTIAN EDUCATION POLICY
1. The school is a place for the integral information of persons by means of a systematic and critical assimilation of culture. This vital approach takes place in the school in the form of personal contacts and commitment which consider absolute values in a life context and seek to insert them into a life frame work. The school stimulates the students to exercise their intelligence through the dynamics of understanding to attain clarity and inventiveness. It must help them spell out the meaning of those experiences and their truths. Any school which neglects this duty and which merely pre-cast conclusions hinder the personal development of its students.
2. The staff dedicates themselves in special way to education particularly that of youth and the under-privileged. They consider this work as an eminent service to humanity and a privileged means of promoting the formation in which a specific concept of the world, man and history is developed and conveyed.’
3. The school motivates and stimulates students to exercise their innate and acquired intelligence through effective dynamics that help to understand what is truth and the true purpose of life.
4. Every member of the school community adopts a common vision and outlook of life, based on the values he/she believes.
5. The School provides the individual, scope for development from within and the educational programme is directed to the growth of the whole person.
6. The content and methodology of the educational system reflect the human and spiritual values of the society and the nation.
7. Academic excellence is to be achieved through hard work, practical applications and clear logical thinking.
8 Each pupil is helped to discover and improve his/her physical, moral, spiritual, intellectual, psychological and emotional gifts, and to develop his/her ethical sensitivity and sense of the Transcendent.
9 An appreciation of cultural and religious values is included through an exposure to our cultural heritage, arousing in them a social awareness with a view to helping the youth to function in a responsible and constructive manner.
10. Liberty, Justice, Solidarity and Peace are stressed as urgent, personal and social needs.
11. Religious values are instilled into our students to help them develop into mature persons, who are able to achieve harmonious integration between religion and life.
12. Each pupil is helped to discover and realize their own goals in life.
|YEAR||LOCAL SUPERIOR||LOCAL BURSAR||BROTHER||BROTHER|
|1959 – 1963||Fr. Jean Vezina, CSC|
|1963 – 1965||Fr. Stanley Mascarenhas, CSC|
|1965 -1966||Fr. Jean Vezina, CSC|
|1967||Bro. Aurele Tessier, CSC|
|1968 – 1973||Fr. PJ Joseph|
|1973 – 1975||Fr. Seraj Pinto|
|1975 – 1978||Bro. Devassy Madavana||Bro. Bruno|
|1978 – 1979||Bro. Joseph Thadathil||Bro. MS John|
|1979 – 1982||Bro. Jose PJ||Bro. George||Bro. Phillip|
|1982 -1985||Bro. Thomas KV||Bro. Britto||Bro. Jesu Roy||Bro. Cyriac|
|1985 – 1986||Bro. Jose PJ||Bro. Beny Mathew||Bro. Selvin Antony|
|1986 – 1990||Bro. B.A. Kurian||Bro. Leo||Bro Sylvester||Bro. Joseph Sahayam|
|1990 – 1995||Bro. Jose T.J.||Bro. Sahayaraj Bro. John Barchmans |
Bro. Joy Alex
|Bro. Thomas VU |
Bro. Irudayam Bro. Jimmy
|1995 – 1996||Bro. Gabriel Laltlanthanga||Bro. Kurian||Bro. KT Simon|
|1996 – 2000||Bro. Jose PJ||Bro. Gabriel Laltlanthanga||Bro. A. David Selvaraj||Bro. Paul Varghese |
|2000 – 2001||Bro. Sebastian AC||Bro. MK Devassy|
|2001 – 2004||Bro. MK Devassy||Bro. Jose Joseph Bro. KM Thomas|
|2004 -2008||Bro. KM Thomas||Bro. B.A. Kurian Bro. Peter V|
|2008 – 2011||Bro. Varkey MT||Bro. Gabriel Laltlanthanga||Bro. Shiju KM||Bro. Rajasekhar|
|2011 – 2015||Bro. Jose TJ||Bro. Jinimon TA|
|2015 – 2019||Bro. PK James||Bro. Shiju VK Bro. Epliniush K. Marak |
Bro. Saiju P. Michael
|2019 –||Bro. Saiju P. Michael||Bro. Sahayaraj Bro. Richard Lalroliana|